Monday, March 16, 2009

I've got a tape I want to play.

This week I am gonna attempt to talk a little about Jonathan Demme's concert movie about the Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense. I'm not really sure what all to say about this movie, I have never really heard much from the Talking Heads. After seeing this movie I have new affection for them. But first lets start out with a trailer...



I had no idea what I was getting into when I first started watching this movie, but immediately started to like it when it opened up with Psycho Killer. It was a pretty enjoyable show for me, having never heard much from the Talking Heads. I could see if their stage show was as good as this movie it would be one hell of a live performance. I have only heard about three of the songs prior to seeing this movie but enjoyed everything I did see. Not really sure what else to say, but here are some interesting scenes.


I've got a tape I want to play.
Photobucket

Completing the band.
Photobucket

Onions?
Photobucket

The lighting was great and innovative.
Photobucket

There is a ton of really weird dancing.
Photobucket

Oversized Suit?
Photobucket

What is the point of the orange hat?
Photobucket

Next week: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Photobucket

No comments: