Monday, February 9, 2009

...and to make a long story short...

This week I am gonna talk a little about a well known board game turned movie called Clue. Basically it's about a group of people brought to a house for a dinner party only to discover that they are all being blackmailed by the same person, Mr. Boddy. He gives them all weapons and instructs them to kill the butler, Wadsworth(Tim Curry) when he turnout the lights. When the lights turn back on Mr. Boddy is dead, the guests then spend about the next 45 minutes trying to figure out which one of them is the killer. Having said all that lets check out the trailers...






Okay seriously they need to play all these movies (the first two the third is currently playing) soon!

First off I just wanted to state that this was the first and to my knowledge the only movie to be made based on a board game. It has been about ten years since I have seen this movie and it was great to see it with a mostly full theater. My big wonder about this movie is if it would hold up and stand the test of time, and it does. I still thought that this movie was hilarious, John Landis can definitely write a good comedy. All of the fast talking dialog and running around while trying to figure out whodunnit is a great and original premise that has never been matched. I thought that eventhough the film is intentionally hillarious it does actually build a little tension while everyon is trying to figure out whodunnit. There is a decent body count in the film yet very little is actually seen. Lastly I think that the slapstick in this is done very well and not too over the top. One thing I did want to say was that when I have seen this movie I always remembered the multiple endings, but the teatrical version that I saw was only the main ending. (it left me a little disapointed) Overall I think this is a very good 80's comedy that has definatly held up fairly well, anyways here are a couple of interesting sceens to check out.

Everyone is speechless at dinner.
Photobucket

Yvette's cleavage is ridiculous
Photobucket

Implements of Destruction
Photobucket

Poisoned?
Photobucket

I didn't do it!
Photobucket

Who called for the singing telegram?
Photobucket

What's this? Another door?
Photobucket

Endings I didn't get.
Photobucket

Next week: Sixteen Candles
Photobucket

No comments: