Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

I'm a little late with the post this week but I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I am talking this week about the third part of the Sam Rami's best trilogy, (and no its not Spider-man) The Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness. The basic plot of the film is Ash(Bruce Campbell) recites a passage from the necronomicon only to be sucked into a wormhole that transports him back in time. He then goes on a quest to recover the missing necronomicon to return back to his time, only to be tortured by himself and splitting in two and fight "Evil Ash". After dispatching him and discovering the book, he then removes the necronomicon without saying Clatto Verata Nicto exactly right. Unfortunately he releases the Army of Darkness only to have an all out war. Having said that lets get to some trailers ...







Now back to the movie, I'm not really sure what to say about it. Unfortunately it isn't my favorite of the Evil Dead movies but is very enjoyable and hilarious. The dialog fits the category of its so bad its good. Earlier I called the movie Evil Dead 3 because I wish it was Actually called that even though it's not too much like the first two films. The beginning did a decent job of quickly retelling the second movie which was a retelling of the first movie. The very beginning of the movie was my favorite part, especially when Ash gets thrown down in the pit. After that I think that the movie gets a little too slapsticky. In the pit and after the monsters looked great and the effects were outstanding for the times. Sam Raimi is a genius with some of the shots he does throughout the movie, like when Ash pulls a Luke Skywalker and replaces his hand. To the ending, I did enjoy the S-Mart closing but prefer the "Alternate" or Original ending that was cut, in which Ash takes too many drops of the potion and ends up sleeping for 100 years too long. It could have set up an Evil Dead 4 easily, although I guess the video games and comic books have carried on the story fairly well. After seeing this with a large crowd I thought it made it even more enjoyable and have a new love for Army of Darkness. Anyways here are some interesting scenes ...

Necronomiconexmortis. The Book of the Dead. Bound in human flesh and inked in blood, this ancient Samarian text contained bizarre burial rights, funeral incantations, and demon resurrection passages, it was never meant for the world of the living. The book awoke something dark in the woods, something evil.
Photobucket

Best blood spray in a movie, ever!
Photobucket

I have the POWER ...
Photobucket

Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick!
Photobucket

Yo, she-bitch! Let's go!
Photobucket
This is the only time you actually see Ash reload the double barrel shotgun.

Groovy.
Photobucket

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Photobucket

Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Clatto... Verata... N-
Photobucket

Ash vs Ash
Photobucket

The ending I prefer ...
Photobucket

Next week: Clue
Photobucket

No comments: