Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Take that, fuckers!

This week I'm gonna attempt to talk about Pink Floyd The Wall. This was my first time actually seeing it but I have heard the album coinciding with the movie numerous times. The movie is about the life of the fictional rock star 'Pink' is the subject of the visually evocative cult film based upon the music and visions of the group Pink Floyd as portrayed in the album of the same title. Relationships, drug abuse, sex, childhood, WWII and fascism combine in a disturbing mix of episodic live action and lyrical animation drawn by British caricaturist Gerald Scarfe.(all from IMDb) I'm not sure if I was just tired and couldn't really understand what was going on or it is really that confusing. So after I got home I watched it again to try and better understand it. After reading the plot synopsis online it made a lot more sense. I not sure if I can say much at all to describe this movie any better, but it is defiantly worth checking out even if only for the music. To try and make up for the late post and lack of info about the movie here are a ton of trailers that were shown before the movie.















Alright enough trailers for this week, on to some interesting scenes from the feature presentation.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Interesting animation throughout the movie
Photobucket

People Grinder
Photobucket

The Result
Photobucket

More animation
Photobucket

Severe case of ADD?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next Week: Grease
Photobucket

No comments: