Thursday, April 2, 2009

Terrific. Where the heck is 122 1/8?

Alright so I have been a little late with my regular weekly updates (even though I not sure if anyone actually reads them). I have been distracted the last couple of weeks (god damn Resident Evil 5) and I don't want this blog to die and thrown into the wasteland of all the other dead blogs strewn across the internet. So I'm gonna try to make a vow to myself to get the posts out sooner and I don't want to miss a week (unless it is something that has been shown recently).

Enough with my worrying about the releases of the posts, now to the content. Don't know if its worth saying but I'm not terribly happy with the layout and presentation of my posts so I am gonna try to change them. It has been a little hard for me to come up with "review" type things to say about a lot of the movies lately. Recently they have all been films that I love or hold a special place in my heart. So basically I'm saying that I'm gonna change the way I post, so with all that said on with the Feature Presentation.

This week is my favorite movie as a kid,I still love it to this day and still watch it from time to time. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles made my favorite cartoon real and put it up on the big screen. They have made a couple of sequels (unfortunately in one of them they go "back in time") and even a CG one with an all new story, but none of those I enjoy as much as the original. The movie with enjoyable characters April O'Neil and Casey Jones played by Judith Hoag and Elias Koteas respectfully, and I think that what tops it all off is the voice work done by Corey Feldman(Donatello). Alright enough about that, first a trailer then on with the movie.



The movie starts out with a news broadcast by April O'Neil about the recent crime wave that is hitting the big apple, as that going on you are seeing how is done. When April is done for the night as she is leaving walks into some criminals and the try to mug her. Only to have there attempt thwarted by some "unknown heroes". Enter the ninja turtles, as they are relishing in their first real fight Raph is bummed out because he lost a sai during the fight. So he decides to catch a movie.

Ugh. Where do they come up with this stuff?
Photobucket

Afterward he stops a purse snatching and when he goes to catch the criminals someone else is already teaching them a lesson. Casey Jones and Raph have it out a little bit and after Casey cans Raph he takes off to catch the bad guys. Raph wanting to get his sai back starts to follow April, which is a good thing because she gets jumped by the Foot Clan.

Am I behind on my Sony payments again?
Photobucket

After a understandable freakout by April she is told the story of their origin. When she goes home she invites the Turtles in for some pizza and on their return home Splinter is missing. The Turtles go back to April for some help only to have the Foot Clan show up there and after a big battle they burn down April's building (only after being "saved" by Casey Jones).

You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm?
Photobucket

They all recoup and get their bearings at an old farm house of April's. After some training and a "visit" from Splinter they decide that they have to go back and take on the Foot Clan again. After returning Casey follows Danny (Foot member that has become friends with the Turtles and Splinter) to The Foot's hideout and they rescue Splinter.

Photobucket

Meanwhile the Turtles are taking on the entire Foot Clan (for some reason they fight them out of the sewers and up a building to the roof top) and eventually meet their leader Shredder.

Don't know, but I bet it never has to look for a can-opener.
Photobucket

Shredder is too good for the Turtles to fight and when he is about to kill Leo, Splinter shows up and that pisses off Shredder. After pulling off his mask (showing the scars that Splinter gave him) he charges him and then gets flipped over the edge of the building, to then be dropped into a waiting garbage truck.

For when you die, it will be ... Without honor.
Photobucket

After Casey compacts the truck and makes out with April a little bit, Splinter makes a funny. I think that this movie is still enjoyable today and for all ages even though it might not have stood the test of time. I still love the shit out of it and
I have always liked... Cowabunga.

COWABUNGA!
Photobucket

Next Week: The Princess Bride
Photobucket

No comments: