Sunday, December 21, 2008

Well, a guy who dresses up like a bat clearly has issues.

This week I am going to attempt to talk about Batman Begins. After seeing this on HBO a couple of years ago I really regret passing it up in the theater on its initial run. I am not sure that seeing it this weekend makes up for that but it was definitely worth seeing on the big screen. I had my ideal setting to see it in the theater as well, barely anyone. I am gonna blame it on the bad weather that we are currently experiencing here, although the thing that could have made it better is if it was a batman double feature. (I threw in The Dark Knight as soon as I got home) before I get into the movie lets start with a trailer.

Apparently I Heart Huckabees ...


If you didn't know what Batman Begins was about it is the origin of an eccentric billionaire that dresses up like a bat (kinda), fights crime, and seeks justice because of the death of his parents. This is an amazing reboot (origin story) for that Batman franchise that was terribly bastardized in the early nineties. Not to take anything away from Tim Burton's Batman, which was also very good for the time that it was released, I feel that this movie fit along better with the comic book story line. Gotham City was really good looking, it had a gritty feel to it and did look like the city was a little overrun by crime. I really enjoyed Christian Bale's performance of Bruce Wayne, I don't think he has much trouble playing an
eccentric billionaire, also I thought that Cillian Murphy had the right amout of creepyness to him to pull off The Scarecrow. The only problem I had with that acting was Katie Holmes character, I thought that her look fit Bruce Wayne's love interest very well but not sure that her acting was as up to par as the rest of the star studded cast. I don't really have much more to bitch about but I do have to say that if you haven't seen this movie it is a definite must watch. By the way here are a few things that happened to my friend Bruce ...

It always starts with a tragic opening.
Photobucket

An amazing feat of arm strength.
Photobucket

Discovering the Batcave.
Photobucket

The new Bat Mobile ...
Photobucket
Does it come in black?

Scarecrow just looks awesome.
Photobucket

Mayhem ensues!
Photobucket
Followed by a bunch of explosions.

An ominous precursor?
Photobucket

That's all for this week, and next time a childhood favorite I am definitely looking forward to.

Next week: The Goonies
Photobucket

No comments: