Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bitch, I'm tellin' you the truth!

I never thought I could enjoy such a bad movie, and this was definitely one that you can enjoy. It has everything you could want in a bad movie, a ton of nudity, bad acting and a unbelievable plot. I never gave this movie a chance before and agreed with everyone else is believing that it is such a bad movie, and now I can see why it has become a Cult Classic. If you didn't know what I am talking about it's the fan favorite Showgirls. Which is about Nomi Malone (Elizabeth Berkley) travel to Las Vages to become an exotic dancer- a showgirl. She is doing very well at the beginning, and striding step by step towards the top of the stripper's clubs in Las Vegas. But when she meets a new lead showgirl, Cristal Conners (Gina Gershon) and they have to work together, the competition between those two best showgirls begin. Enthralled by the glamorous life of Las Vegas, Nomi Malone is prepared to do everything to be the leading showgirl, even if some very dirty steps must be taken by her. (Thanks IMDb kinda) But before I get into it here are some trailers ...

Here is a interesting movie playing locally that I am gonna check out.


And a Documentary that I have no interest in.


Alright lets get to the nitty gritty now, first of all I was expecting a big rowdy crowd and it was everything but. There was only like 20 people there (I did a head count) and that is how i prefer to watch movies but I was expecting people to yell shit at the screen and make fun of everything that they could. But they didn't and that I really appreciate, now to the actual movie, the acting was Terrible! Seriously it wasn't extremely bad but
Elizabeth Berkley overacted in almost every scene she was in and that let to the unintentional hilarity in the movie. I can't completely blame her because the script was also not the greatest, I'm not sure if it was just the time of the movie (1995) but some of the dialog just felt weird. I can see what Paul Verhoeven was trying to do with the movie but I'm not sure if it worked out like he wanted it to. I'm not sure about this but ...

I think
Elizabeth Berkley is trying to be tough.
Photobucket

I just beat the shit out of your car, threw up and you saved my life ...
Photobucket
now we're instant friends.

Possibly the best private dance I have ever seen!
Photobucket

It's the best meal in town.
Photobucket

Nomi: I got my period.
James: Yeah right.
Nomi: Check.
Photobucket
Seriously?

One-two-three! And thrust it, thrust it, THRUST IT, COME ON, THRUST IT!
Photobucket

I'm not gay but I thought that some of these costumes were definitely interesting.
Photobucket

Probably the most fake sex scenes in a movie ever.
Photobucket

This is what you get for raping my friend.
Photobucket

I will leave you with the best quote from the movie: It must be weird, not having anybody cum on you.


Next week: The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Photobucket

No comments: