Sunday, November 30, 2008

Okay, you've got 30 of my fucking seconds. Thrill me.

I was surprised at the turnout for this movie last night, there was about thirty people. Which really surprised me because the weather was really bad (I almost died on the drive to the theater) and I didn't know that there was much of a following or love for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It definitely won me over though, I mostly credit it to Robert Downey Jr.. The last maybe half dozen movies he has been in I have loved and I think he has been winning over a lot of people with his fast talking performances. But first lets get to the trailers we have all seen before ...

Yes it's Fight Club again ...

I really hope they are gonna play this soon.

And
Amélie again.


To start off I had no idea what tis movie was or about but I am definitely glad that I have seen it now because it was hilarious. Just to let everyone know what this movie is about, A petty thief posing as an actor is brought to Los Angeles for an unlikely audition and finds himself in the middle of a murder investigation along with his high school dream girl and a detective who's been training him for his upcoming role. (Thanks IMDb) When the opening credits started up the first thing that I thought of was that it reminds me of a Crime Drama, or like a old James Bond movie. I loved all of the smart littlt quips that were exchanged between Harry (Robert Downey Jr.) and Gay Perry (Val Kilmer). Yes Val Kilmer does play an aggressive gay man which I have never seen There was only a few little things that were a little over the top, like when Harry gets his finger cut off when the door gets slammed in his face and when the gun "magically" falls into his hand when he is hanging from the casket over the interstate. Those parts didn't bother me too much because they were definitely funny when they happened. The only thing that I wish would have been a little different would have been the ending, the feeling of it seemed like it just didn't fit in with the rest of the movie. But anyways here are a couple of interesting things that happened ...

Yes there is a Werewolf in this movie,
Photobucket
Well at least kinda.

Drunk action heroes are awesome.
Photobucket

A sweet beer commercial.
Photobucket

Yes he is pissing on a dead body.
Photobucket

Harry's finger.
Photobucket

This looks like it would be the best Christmas party ever.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Well atleast it stopped the bullet ...
Photobucket
well kinda.

I think its gonna be really entertaining Next week: Showgirls
Photobucket

No comments: