Sunday, November 9, 2008

Care for a little necrophilia?

I have never seen any of Terry Gilliam's movies (except for Twelve Monkey) so I was a little intrigued to see Brazil. Having no idea what this movie was or about and after last weeks horrible experience I was a little afraid to go see this picture. Having said that I am so glad that I seen this movie and am now wondering how and why I haven't seen this movie yet. If you aren't able to tell I really enjoyed it, but first, here are some trailers.

Boogie Nights ... again


Next weeks movie


A weird trailer for a great movie

I wonder why there is no dialog in the trailer?

Now here is your feature presentation. Not really sure how to sum up the plot without bastardizing it so I just stole it from IMDb. A bureaucrat in a retro-future world tries to correct an administrative error and himself becomes an enemy of the state. Having said that there isn't much else to say about the movie except that this is an epic movie, all of the set pieces are huge and that the props are so detailed and awesome looking. I loved how the movie is very vague on what time period that it takes place in. Personally I seen this movie as a 50's steampunk noir film
/ dream acid trip, the reason I say that is because so many of the shots were huge and there were a ton of "electronics" in it but they were very basic and large. All the walls had huge tubes and wires running through them, all the computers were basically typewriters with small screens conected to them and the dream seqences were just surreal. The worst part about having to talk about a good movie is it is really hard without just telling you everything that happened so here are some cool sceens in the movie.

Coffee toast anyone?
Photobucket

Shoe Hats are the new style!
Photobucket

Dinner looks great ...
Photobucket

I love the one man car
Photobucket

Shit suits are always awesome
Photobucket

DeNiro can always make a great exit
Photobucket

Epic Rescue
Photobucket

Sadly it's not
Photobucket

Next week: Children of Men
Photobucket

No comments: