Sunday, November 16, 2008

I was told to tell you that you're a fascist pig.

Let's start with a Stanley Kubrick classic


Now an Angry Inch


and then lets get on the Short Bus


Alright lets get to the feature presentation and if you don't know it was Children of Men. When I first saw the commercials for this movie I thought it was just an up to date version of Logan's Run, and boy was I wrong. It is actually about a world where a disillusioned government agent agrees to help transport and protect a miraculously pregnant woman to a sanctuary at sea where her child's birth may help scientists to save the future of mankind. (thanks IMDb) When I first saw the commercials for this movie I was really excited to see it, but after seeing the trailer for it over the last couple of weeks I lost some interest in it. I was also wondering if it could compete withe the great movie I seen last week. I was just wrong about everything this weekend, everything about this movie was great. From the take on how immigration is now illegal and the immigrants are hunted down, to how run down and poverty stricken everything appears to be. The long running shots of action chasing Clive Owen while he is trying to find the baby in a war zone, and even the music. The way the movie was shot was astounding, there was so much detail in everything. Without focusing on certain scenery the view of what the world has become after an epidemic of that caliber is very believable.

Alright lets get on with it, the only thing that bothered me with this movie is Julianne Moore's character, she seemed really dry and didn't really have a lot of emotion behind her actions. There isn't any thing else wrong with it, I really couldn't wait for the something bad to happen to the resistance group that turned on Theo. Well anyways this happened ...

A pig baloon .... it's just awesome.
Photobucket

I've never seen anyone push start a car in a movie before.
Photobucket

Just a great long shot in the movie, where there is a complete conversation between the people on the right out of focus.
Photobucket

There is a deer in school.
Photobucket

Better watch out when squeezing out a door.
Photobucket

The blood on the camera lens actually added a lot to this scene.
Photobucket

The cries of a baby stopped the battle ...
Photobucket
at least temporarily.

No children. No future. No hope.

Next week: V for Vendetta
Photobucket

No comments: