Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's kinda romantic in a sick kind of way.

Last week I said that I would be back in two weeks but I seen a movie this weekend that I had to talk about, unfortunately it wasn't a midnight midnight movie or a older flick but it was in 3D. (that makes it okay by me) If you didn't know or was living under a rock for the last couple of months you know what it was, (No it wasn't Bolt) I had a chance to see My Bloody Valentine.

Photobucket

It was my first movie I have yet to see in 3D and I enjoyed just about every moment of it. I can't wait for the next couple of horror flicks to be in 3D and I hope because of this it does make some sort of resurgence. Okay on to the actual film I thought that it was done fairly well, most of the shots were framed to accentuate the 3D effect. The only problem I had were that a few camera shots looked different and had a shot for TV feel to them. the only drawback that I had watching this movie is that the basic story for this sticks to the original fairly well, so from the opening credits I knew exactly who the killer was. There was a few twists and turns to try and throw you off a little bit but in the end it turns around and is faithful to the original. There are even a handful of death scenes that were ripped directly from the original movie, and it didn't even bother me. I seen it as paying homage to the original movie. If you haven't seen the original My Bloody Valentine check it out, there was a Special Edition released earlier this week with a couple of minutes of extra footage restored in the film. (go buy it! it's definitely worth it)
But about MBV3D I think that it is one of the best remakes to date so go see it in the theaters I don't think you will be disappointed. Oh and by the way it had everything a newer/remake movie stereotype in the film. A hand full of nudity and plenty of gore)

Now back to your regularly scheduled blog, and if you forgot Next week: A Clockwork Orange
Photobucket

No comments: